Tuesday, July 10, 2018

.... and a relaunch to "Writing Superheroes"!



Welcome!  A relaunch of an old blog I used to run (the "Blue Devil's Safehouse"), in to a new purpose... writing about superheroes.  I tend to play a good amount of DC Universe Online, which is fun in itself, but after a bit of thought, doing the grinding for baubles for the same storylines had me thinking, "Is this it"?  I had the same issue with Second Life (back when I was involved with that), so a while back I started to outline stories about my in-world characters.  This led to my decision to learn to hone my writing skills to a point that I could better outline my stories.  In a few years, or whenever the DCUO dissapears, no one will remember the hours spend doing the same episodes / raids / events / duos, etc... However, doing a bit of writing (or perhaps a lot) is something one can keep in his/her back pocket.




As I was rambling above, eventually the DCUO will pass, just as City of Heroes did.  I missed the opportunity to play COH, but its fans remain loyal to this day, which I will always contend is very admirable.  Anyways, the purpose of this blog is to provide a central location for the newest sources of inspiration, other writing blogs, and pretty much anything else I can think of!  Not sure where this will lead, but feel free to come back here if you need writing tips / leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment